Monday, December 7, 2009

Singapore weekend

Hello peeps, I am back in one piece after surviving the 10km run at the SCSM2009! It was a fantastic weekend with lots of yummy good food, shopping and enjoying the merriment that Christmas brings.
Photo035 

As for the run, it was a real eye-opener experience as never have I attended a properly organized marathon of such a scale! First off, it’s an international marathon and secondly it attracted more than 50,000 people to participate! It was really really grand… however I did quite poorly, finished 10km in 1 hour 18 minutes which is so embarrassing as compared to the result during Klang Pacer. Why? Well I only had barely three hours of sleep on Saturday night (not to mention boozes) let's just say I’m just so glad we didn't chicken out from the race. There were so many times I felt the strong urge to give up once passing the 5km mark!

IMG_7237 

I’m happy that I made it but the lack of discipline is a lesson learnt. Anyway, I had a great time in Singapore ( thanks to Jacky Phang for showing me around) checking out the latest and most trendy malls and also chill out places.

IMG_7296 

And oh, I also went back to Clark Quay after 12 years of MIA! It surely has changed a lot, not that I could remember how it used to look like… just feels really nice to be back there again. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment