Friday, January 28, 2011

Universal Studio Singapore

Visiting Universal Studio is like experiencing movies come to live. Imagine shaking hands with ogre Shrek and Fiona; or dance with the Madagascar’s animals (for real); or be awed by the magnificent Return of The Mummies. Oh not to mention learn how these million dollar production movies were made!
IMG_2642


Visited Paris Universal Studio 6 years ago which i thought was totally awesome. I was so excited to check out the Singapore version and anticipated lots of cartoon characters greeting me at the entrance… 
Didn’t happen that way, unfortunately.
IMG_2656 IMG_2655
When in Rome, do the Romans do. Similarly, when in Singapore I was one of the early birds to avoid long queues. Kiasu is me. After breakfast at one of the Cafés there, we started our adventure with a map on hand. There are 7 theme parks attractions and we’ve spent 9 hours in total. Half the time were spent waiting for the rides though... and envied those express pass holders whizzing passed the queue :(
You might want to consider getting an express pass when visiting USS.
IMG_2691
My favourite of the lot has to be Far Far Away.
 IMG_2735
Shrek4D show is a must watch. Spectacular.
IMG_2710
Beware of long queues especially weekends can get crazy packed.
IMG_2689 
Saw my favourite Shrek and Fiona… but I was too lazy to queue up for a photo moment with them.
  IMG_2821
IMG_2819 
One word of advice when you enter WaterWorld. If you have no intention to get wet, please stay away from Blue and Green Zone. The stadium may look massive and you may be tempted to assume there’s no way water could splash far enough to reach the seats. Epic wrong!
Trust me on this. I was sitting at the last row of Green Zone and I got wet.
IMG_2756
IMG_2767 
IMG_2774
Many rides were not opened as they are either still under construction or testing phase, including this reverse roller coaster.

IMG_2686
mmhmmm… I love the carousels… a ride always makes me happy.
It’s a form of childhood deprivation, you see ;)
IMG_2831
Overall, it was a fun day out while I was in Singapore. USS is smaller than I expected but have to say, their staffs are very friendly and helpful. It’s strongly advisable to purchase tickets online and have it printed out before the trip to avoid long queues. And leave your pretty heels at home.
SGD72 per ticket for weekends, weekdays is slightly cheaper.


No comments:

Post a Comment