Monday, January 24, 2011

Uniquely Singapore

For suburban working middle class Malaysians like you and I – one of the major attractions in neighboring Singapore is of course, SHOPPING! hehe Orchard Road is a shopping haven, it’s a 2 kilometers road beautifully landscaped and flanked by distinctive shopping malls catered for all walks of life. Last I heard the number is still on the rise. So if you are like me who have limited time to spend on shopping, it’s wise to do some research and devise a little smart plan before the trip, prioritize which shopping malls will best cater your tastes and needs so that you can make the most out of your shopping spree. :)
  
IMG_2549
I’ve picked Ion Mall as it has a good mixed of European and local brands and style, followed by Takashimaya, Paragon and Wheelock Place.



  IMG_2412
For good authentic Ramen without having to fly to Japan, Singapore is DA PLACE. This signature ramen dish at Ginza Bairin located at Ion Food Mall, costs SGD14++. One of the best ramen I’ve had!

IMG_2415 
TCC Coffee is very famous in Singapore and I can attest to it. Now it becomes a mandatory visit everytime I go to Singapore.

IMG_2548
The other attraction in SG is the riverside called Clark Quay. It’s buzzing with life and activities at night, pretty glittering lights, from retail outlets to kaleidoscope of hip bars and nightspots along the Singapore River, what you will is be spoilt with choices.

IMG_2479-1
I was first introduced to Hooters Bar when I was in San Francisco. The girls are famous for their voluptuous sex appeal and their uniform is tantalizing orange tight shorts and white tank tops. I heard if you want to be a Hooter Girl, you gotta have 36D assets minimally... O_o

 IMG_2468
Anyway, here’s Hooters in Clark Quay. Didn’t see any 36Ds there… but the girls were gorgeous all the same.

IMG_2476  
Tada… that’s me in front of Hooters!

IMG_2444 IMG_2432
If you are a fan for Japanese food, Singapore is seriously food heaven for authentic nihon dish without burning huge holes in your wallet like how KL would do to you.

IMG_2434 IMG_2437
Left: Diced Tuna with avocado salad
Right: Salmon Carpaccio

IMG_2441 IMG_2442
Left: Grilled Cod Fish (it’s so awesome!)
Right: Softshell Crab Maki

IMG_2485
Clinic Bar – All the chairs are literally wheelchairs and drinks are served in packet of drips where you suck from the tube (yes, literally!). Interesting concept but for someone who has been visiting the hospital a tad too much lately, I was grossed out.
IMG_2481
Check out those Operating Theater lamps and hospital beds behind me!

IMG_2599
Never knew Singapore was so beautiful at night. Simply look at this view from One Fullerton walkway! And honestly, this view is much better than in Marina Bay Sand itself. My friend Claire brought me to MBS… it’s grand and all but nothing too spectacular to shout about. The famous Sky Park at the MBS rooftop requires a ticket of SGD20 unless you are their hotel guest. I refused to pay thus won’t elaborate further.
  
 IMG_2604
Iconic Merlion statue at Merlion Park.
I know… this trip I’ve done things the touristy way. Up next, Universal Studio.


2 comments:

  1. on Clinic Bar, i am not sure i like the idea of using wheelchairs as chairs. isn't that mocking the disabled or something?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think their concept is more like mocking the patients. I refused to go in!

    ReplyDelete