Monday, January 24, 2011

Shangri-la at Orange Grove Road

Lodging in Singapore is getting crazy expensive despite the rise of hoteliers there. This trip, I get to stay at Shangri-la Hotel for 4 nights… not the kind of contem boutique hotels I’d normally go for but it was luxurious alright. The hotel is tucked behind shopping paradise Orchard Road (about 10 minutes walk) and covered in lushes of greens. Superb location I’d say.  

 IMG_2382
Their swimming pool is massive. Sunbathing beds are usually covered in shades thus provides a cooling effect even on a hot day. I took dips at the jacuzzi, swam laps, read a book and in between I still managed to squeeze in a siesta.



Exactly what I need, some “me-time” to recharge all the frazzled neurons in my body and temporarily forget about the worries at home. Weather was perfect in Singapore.

IMG_2501IMG_2532
Second day, I went to the gym for a workout. Very well-equipped facilities.

IMG01142-20110120-1739 IMG01145-20110120-1740
In the afternoon, I took a stroll down to Orchard Road for some shopping haven.


The hotel also provides free high speed broadband internet service in the room and the standard amenities. I also like that they make up the room twice a day and constantly replenish fruits and  bottles of drinking water.

  IMG_2398IMG_2405
Overall, it’s a well maintained luxury hotel at a superb location with its rate starting from SGD450/ night. Personally, I think it’s a little over pampering if your holiday agenda is going to involve lots of shopping. I would probably go somewhere cheaper next time. 
Nevertheless, it was a very good rejuvenation getaway trip for me.

Shangri-La Hotel

22 Orange Grove Road, Orchard, Singapore 258350


3 comments:

  1. WTH? u spent so much on accomodation in SG? for real? siao ahh... so many nights somemore =.="

    ReplyDelete
  2. nooo... I got a very good discount for the stay. Else I would definitely have stayed somewhere else cheaper

    ReplyDelete
  3. so pampered lah u . thats great!

    ReplyDelete