Thursday, January 14, 2010

Christmas in Bangkok

 Last year’s Christmas was rather privileged for me coz I get to play in Bangkok for the whole week.
IMG_0137

It was my virgin visit to Bangkok despite it being a neighboring country.
IMG_0162

 I really like this city also known as The Land of Smile. It's so vibrant & colorful, great food, friendly people and things are so cheap here!

IMG_0152

the walkway outside Siam Paragon at night
IMG_0168
IMG_0342

On Christmas Eve, firstly we went for predinner drinks at this famous rooftop bar Sirocco. Took us a while to find the place after reaching Saphan Taksin BTS. The Lebua State Tower is about 10 minutes walk and once we reached the place, we were greeted by the friendliest smiles at the elevator. Up at 64th floor(rooftop), the view completely took my breathe away…

IMG_0341

just look at the scenery!
IMG_0351The bar was so nice, the weather was breezy and it wasn’t even crowded considering it was Christmas Eve night! It was Perfect.
IMG_0400

I was so reluctant to leave Sirocco but knowing that better things were in store for us ahead, we adjourned to The Oriental Hotel for dinner.

IMG_0397

Mandarin Oriental is slightly less than 10 minutes walk from Sirocco. We were ushered through a few walkways like a maze inside Mandarin Oriental, and the hotel boat took us across the Chao Phraya River where the restaurant was located.

IMG_0371

The restaurant name is called Sala Rim Naam belongs to the Oriental Group. (google it yourself since I’m no food blogger here) It’s supposed to be one of the best thai restaurant in Bangkok, well it must be since you gotta book a table at least 2 months ahead and they only accept Amex card for reservation... it tells something right.

I could definitely attest to the whole experience was really extraordinary! Food was totally awesome from starter to dessert. Did the fish cake drop from heaven? OMG it's so good.
IMG_0388

After dinner the waiter has politely asked us to stay for a moment and we were pleasantly surprised. Flashes of lights from the fireworks so was so near us I wanna catch ‘em with my bare hands. That magical moment that lasted for two minutes and with an ugly truth, tops the year.

IMG_0389

And on top of everything, wish I could show you that grinning face after opening my Christmas pressie and saw a 16GB iPod Nano inside. That was how my memorable Christmas 2009 went by.

No comments:

Post a Comment