Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Café Café, KL

I’ve been meaning to blog about this place for ages but never got round to doing it till now. Café Café is an Italian + French restaurant in KL, a place I’ve heard of for many years through word of mouth, blogs and forums alike. Apparently it’s the only “Parisian” restaurant (or close to for the lack of a better word) ever existed in Malaysia… few months ago I finally had a chance to experience it myself. 

Reviews suggested the restaurant wasn’t easy to find; it's true. hint: Once you reach Edinburgh roundabout, look left the shop is right in front you.

IMG_1735  
IMG_1729

Restaurant was tastefully decorated with dimly lit chandeliers, “Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amélie Poulain” was playing in the background, overall ambience was quite romantic. However, I couldn’t feel I was anywhere near Paris at all. Did I set expectation a tad too high? I find it really weird when some diners started walking in with their shorts and slippers while me and dining buddy all dolled up for the New Year Eve celebration. 

    IMG_1777    
But food wise I couldn’t complain though…

IMG_1750
Escargot in garlic and parsley

IMG_1746
Honey King Prawn in truffle sauce

 IMG_1761
Duck Confit

IMG_1764
Can’t remember if it was a T-Bone or Ribeye already…

  IMG_1778 
Just the way how I like it done

   IMG_1790

Food: 4.5/5  Ambience: 4/5  Service: 3.8/5   Company: 5.5/5
Café Café
175, Jalan Maharajalela
50150 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel : 603-21458141

Other blog reviews:
http://www.awhiffoflemongrass.com/?p=121
http://chocoholicmemoirs.blogspot.com/2005/12/night-in-paris.html
http://www.haveyoueaten.net/2009/09/04/cafe-cafe-french-restaurant-jalan-maharajalela-kuala-lumpur/

1 comment: