Thursday, October 28, 2010

Las Vacas at Mont Kiara

This cute little butchery shop deserves a writeup since I went there for two days consecutively. I’m not usually a red meat person but I do enjoy a good steak occasionally with a glass or two full bodied red wine.
IMG_0197
First time I was there, it was a beautiful evening. They have limited tables, hence it’s always recommend to call them for reservation.



IMG_0242
The second evening I was there, it was drizzling and there was some 50th birthday party going on. We didn’t make any booking that night but they didn’t shoo us away either, nice of them so we kind of gatecrashed the party lol
IMG_0141

Las Vacas stands for “The Cow” in Spanish. I was also told that all the beef they sell there are directly shipped from Australia.

IMG_0252

They don’t serve wine by the glass, only by the bottle. There’s limited but good selection of wines, all at the fixed price of RM150 per bottle.

IMG_0256

Signature salad with Balsamic dressing – very fresh and refreshing!

IMG_0264

Australian Angus Ribeye – one tiny feat though, be sure you specify how big you want the steak size to be cos they won’t ask you. I was given the largest size (300gm) maybe I do look like a big eater?! haha but each time I struggled to finish even half the flab. But don’t get me wrong…. the steak is actually very very juicy and yummy! Perhaps 120gm is more than good enough – yeah their price is based on weight. (RM28 per 100gm)

IMG_0267

vege beef wrap – contrary to other blogs reviews, I find it so so only. Perhaps the meat is not lean enough and it’s a tad too creamy for my liking. Then again, I’m not exactly a foodie so don’t take my words for it! (cos my sister loves the dish lol)

IMG_0118

grilled lamb shoulder – I’m not a lamb eater but according to Alan, it was too dry and slightly lack of flavour. Hmm.. didn’t they say Las Vacas is the cow shop? ;P
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hope you enjoy the pictures and if you are craving for a piece of good steak, go try this place out!
Las Vacas @ Shoplex, Mont Kiara, KL
LG, Lot 1A, New Wing Mont Kiara Shoplex,
Jalan Kiara, Mont Kiara,
50480 Kuala Lumpur
(Right next to Baskin Robbins/ where Marmalade used to be)



No comments:

Post a Comment