Thursday, May 5, 2011

Leonardo’s Dining Room

Exactly one month ago, I have just turned 21. I wish! 
Anyway the point is I had a good celebration with some good friends at Leonardo, one of my favourite restaurants in KL. Located on the quieter area of Bangsar on Jalan Bangkung, with its inviting interior and ambience, dimly lit and sometimes can be a little chilly (so don’t wear too skimpy),  this restaurant offers a good selection of reasonably priced wine not to mention their fusion twist menu have always lived up to expectation.   
IMG01702-20110408-2007
Still remember birthday girl was the first to reach the restaurant… the rest subsequently arrived only half an hour later. On a rainy Friday evening, it’s almost impossible to escape the atrocious KL traffic jam.
IMG_8533 IMG_8556
The evening began with quite a number of starters to share. Among which I find their pork knuckle platter being the champ. It’s their signature dish so I would highly recommend it. They also have an acquired dish called Kentucky Fried Frogs, which I have adventurously ordered but didn’t have the chance to eat! That dish was gone in seconds. O_o 


  IMG_8585 IMG_8588
Everyone ordered our own main and me being a  seafood lover, I picked Thai Style Vongole. Fresh and delightful, and spicy too! However I would prefer to swap spaghetti to angel hair.
IMG_8531
It wasn’t just a birthday celebration but also a chance for us to catch up, for I haven’t seen some of these folks since last year! One of my gfs was in Tokyo when the recent catastrophic tsunami hit Sendai. I said she lived to tell a tale don’t you think! Uncle Blung also moved to SG for good recently. So it was really good to see everyone together that night.      
IMG_8601 IMG_8578
Leonardo’s also has a few local food dishes on the menu such as Bak Kut Teh and Porridges. Oh, they also bought me Choc Cheese from Just Heavenly too… my fav fav cake! :)
IMG_8629  IMG_8564
IMG_8566 IMG_8561
IMG_8608
It was an evening made so special and memorable because of your presence. Special thanks to LB who organized the party and being so honest, who insisted it wasn’t going to be a surprise so please dress up we are going out for your special dinner. I was anticipating a party of 2 or 4, so it did surprise me to see all my favourite people there. love you all and also the tweets from the few daddies who couldn’t make it bec of babysitting duties.

Leonardo's Dining Room and Wine Loft
61-1 and 61-2
Jalan Bangkung
Bukit Bandaraya
Bangsar
Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03-2096 2226
(non-halal. open for dinner only)


No comments:

Post a Comment