Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Pilates & Yoga

To my surprise abs and hips don’t hurt as much as I’ve expected after my very first pilates class last night. Man the workout was tough though! I mean, I’ve been doing yoga regularly for a while now and is beginning to feel the difference as my body is getting stronger; there’s no better feeling than to know you can complete every pose that you previously thought was impossible.

Anyway back to Pilates. I’ve attended chi-Pilates classes before and it’s a dynamic workout on body movement. In Pilates, I learnt that breathing and concentration is very important in order to stay balanced and to make each pose possible; it is quite different than yoga. Pilates focuses on abs, hips and back and apparently after a long period of practice you’ll get a flat stomach and a dancer-like bodyline!  ( now who doesn’t want that right?)

Moderation and persistence is key to any workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment