Sunday, February 27, 2011

Singapore Night Safari

I’ve heard about the SG Night Safari since ages ago and finally, I had a chance to see it myself earlier this month. Frankly, I’m not really a zoo person. I like animals but the ones I usually see in the zoo are pretty depressing, as they are either sedated to sleep most of the times or miserably locked in cages. tell me, when was the last time you visited a zoo and actually saw a cheerful animal? Anyway, point aside I was pretty excited about the Night Safari because conceptually the animals are supposed to be living in the wild!
IMG_3568
A school of pretty flamingos dancing in the muddy pool


Half true, half not for the Singapore Night Safari. The animals are predictably located at specific spots shown in signages and some animals such as the leopards are still locked in cages. There’s only one big elephant in sight, I thought they are supposed to live in groups? So it wasn’t exactly the wild safari scene that I had imagined it to be, quite a far cry from what I usually see in national geographic. Despite all that, I’ve enjoyed my visit as a first timer.  
 IMG_3578
Asian Lion!
IMG_3608
Zebras and Giraffes
The most interesting animal that I saw at the NS is the red flying squirrels. It really has wings! (but too bad no pics to follow as yours truly was too busy adoring the squirrel and waiting for it to “fly”)
IMG_3664 
Animal show is a must see at the Singapore night safari. It’s entertaining and you also get to see animals that’s not available in the “wild” such as the python below and the big white wolf. 
IMG_3692
The python was probably trained to cheekily move its head to the guy’s private. Poor guy!
 IMG_3700
Cutest creature found at the animal show – Raccoon!

Overall a good visit for those who haven’t been to a proper safari, and probably an excellent choice to bring the kids for a family night out. Other than that, just don’t go with too high an expectation or you’ll be disappointed. Cost wise starts at SGD42 per ticket.


2 comments:

  1. lucky you!!!!!!!!!! i wished i had seen the raccoon. it looks so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah it was really cute, but I'm sure you must have seen some other cute animals that I didn't!

    ReplyDelete