Friday, June 22, 2012

Diving in Tioman


A year has come and gone like a whizz, as you know dive season in Malaysia only lasts for a good couple of months in a year (Mar – Aug) to guarantee good vis and safety; while the rest of the months are not advisable for diving as the coast is often plagued by monsoon & torrential rain. I am so happy to have logged my first dive trip this year in beautiful Tioman Island just last month.
IMG_0689
This is my second visit to Tioman Island. Still remember once upon a time, I was once so skeptical about getting drowned and challenged myself on the probability of being eaten by sharks… but all is history now cos I took the plunge and did my open water in Tioman Tekek Village 2 years ago. Smile

IMG_0655



This time, we picked ABC Village for a change and we went with Ray’s Dive Centre. Why Ray’s Dive? There are other more notable dive operators to choose from like B&J (they seem to have more boats thus flexibility in choosing dive sites) but they are also super crowded. Ray’s Dive Operator on the other hand offers a very personalized experience, not to mention  Dive Master Brian is a super friendly guy!
IMG_0722
On top of all that, they’ve earned extra brownie points from me for always equipping my gears and sometimes even carried them to the boat.  How gentleman of them right. Yes I can be a lazy diver like that Smile with tongue out
IMG_0851
We’ve been very lucky to be blessed with great vis and splendid weather throughout the 4 days 3 nights stay, except on the very last day at Cebeh the drizzle started to get heavier by noon and DM decided to call it a day then. On our way back, EVERYONE on our boat was jolted by a pleasant surprise. We were surrounded by school of DOLPHINS!!! I lost count on the number but OMG they were so cute, two of these grey sweet creatures were swimming right beside our boat. That sight was surreal…   
IMG_0799
When I’m not diving, then it’s sun bathing time
Open-mouthed smile Open-mouthed smileOpen-mouthed smile
IMG_0806
watching sunset with Raegge music in the background & Corona the mexican way... ahhh :)
IMG_4652
people were ordering pizzas from Nazri’s Bar non-stop. From observation this looked like the most happening bar in ABC Village
Tioman_May123
We stayed at Nazri’s Chalets in their spacious air-conditioned deluxe room. Clean and nice place, the only thing I regretted not bringing was mossies repellant
IMG_4595
The cozy night bar at Ray’s Dive Centre
IMG_0758
beautiful sunset
IMG_4620

1 comment: